Thursday, May 31, 2007

I ran into Dan Osborne the other day

and he told me that yes, in fact, the margin required on the G&T was not the 1.25 minimum required by the Regulatory Commission, it was higher, as they had presented, because of GVEA's own requirements. He thinks the membership made an error in voting the G&T down; I disagree--there were other things about the proposal that I didn't like, aside from the margin weirdness. My question to him was, if there was a requirement within GVEA to keep the margin higher, then why didn't anybody tell me this when I asked them, or explain the seeming discrepancy by telling me where the requirement came from? He wasn't able to explain that, but then, we only discussed it briefly and in passing.

Anyway, we are going to get together and he'll tell me all about it then. I'm hoping he can explain this business here, too. Even though the whole thing was rejected by the membership, I think it's important to know what happened and why, because a lot of people I've talked to feel like the board was attempting to get one over on the membership. That's not a good thing.